- How do we collect your data?
We collect your data in two ways:
- Data provided by you
You can add data about yourself to the website. This includes contact details, pictures, videos and other work that you have produced whilst taking part in the competition, such as your lyrics.
- Data collected through the website
This includes the pages you view, the links you click, time spent on the website, how you use the website over time, and any actions you may take – such as submitting your entry.
We also collect data to track general usage trends.
This may include your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, device type, number of clicks, how you interact with links on the website and pages viewed.
We do not allow any third-party advertising networks to collect data about you.
- Tools we use to collect data through the website
We use three main tools to help make our website work:
- Google Analytics: to monitor website performance
- Amazon Web Service: to support storage of data. No data is shared except photos, videos or any other work you choose to upload.
- Social Media: to monitor the effect of different campaigns. This data is provided to us by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin or any other platform we may use for marketing.
This data is anonymous and doesn’t identify you or link to you personally.
- Changing your cookie settings
You can change your device settings at any time to accept all cookies, to tell you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies.
How you do this depends on your browser.
Find out more at: AboutCookies.org
- Where your cookie data is stored
To find out where your cookie data is stored, see the services we use:
- Google Analytics
- Amazon Web Services
These services all comply with U.K. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
- How your data will be used:
We will only use your personal data so that you can enter the ‘RapYourTown’ competition.
And so we can:
- comply with the law
- investigate complaints
- promote our services
- fix technical problems
- evaluate our service
- improve and plan future services
We may publish reports using anonymised data. The reports will not identify you or any other individual users, unless you give express written consent to do so. (Or we have parental consent, where appropriate)
- Do we share your data with anyone?
Only your competition entry (video, photo, work) will be shared with our partners – DataSpire and UnityRadio.
This is so that you can apply to enter the competition and your entry can be judged by a panel.
Only I4YPC staff will have access to your surname or contact details.
I4YPC will be able to track how you use the website and will be able to communicate with you, once you have submitted your entry/work.
I4YPC can see your data and how you use the website, such as which sections you completed within the workshop activities.
Only I4YPC staff can see your data.
- Legal reason for using your data
As a registered charity and public service, we have a legal responsibility to provide charitable services to young people in England.
Under the law, we must have a clear reason to use your data and for I4YPC, these are:
- for any contract we have with you (contract)
- to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions which have a clear basis in law (public task – charitable purposes)
- Keeping your data safe
Your data will be kept safe and will not be shared.
We hold your data on secure servers in line with security best practice.
Our developers (VisionSharp Limited) must keep your data safe as part of their contract with us.
Any data you share with us will be stored securely.
Only senior I4YPC staff can access your competition entry data submitted through the website via a secure log-in to Amazon Web Services.
- How long will we keep your data?
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to deliver the ‘RapYourTown’ project.
Unless you specify otherwise, or by agreement with I4YPC, your data will be deleted from the secure server one month after the closing date of the competition. (5th April 2021)
If you submit a winning entry, we will keep your data for a period of two years from the date of submission.
At this time, you will be sent an email asking if you wish for I4YPC to keep your data.
If you do not reply or do not wish for I4YPC to keep your data, we will delete your data.
Once your data is deleted, the information that we hold to improve and evaluate our service will be held as statistical data. This means that we are not able to identify individual people from this data.
- Transferring your data outside of the United Kingdom
Your data will not be shared or transferred outside of the United Kingdom.
- Decisions regarding your data
All decisions made about you linked to your entry and this website are made by a senior I4YPC staff member.
The website may give you ideas and suggestions based on your data; but will not make decisions.
- Your data rights
You have specific rights over your personal data. You can:
- ask for copies of your data
- raise concerns if you think that your data is not being used or looked after in the right way
- make sure your data is accurate and up-to-date
- ask for a copy of your data in a digital format, for example as a csv file. You can also ask for your data to be transferred to another organisation.
- To make a query or a complaint
If you feel your data is not being used correctly, please contact I4YPC first, by emailing email@example.com
Or write to:
Data Protection Officer, I4YPC, The Angel, St. Philips Place, Salford M3 6FA
Please say that you are asking about the use of your data within the ‘RapYourTown’ competition.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your query to I4YPC, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website for more details.
We may track and record communication (internet, email and telephone calls) with us to help sort out complaints.
This also helps us to prevent and detect crime.